Monday, August 4, 2008

My body is staging a revolt!

Ok, so here i am after just 4 days in fire school. Worn out, sore neck, a raging cold/cough. What am i doing to myself? Oddly enough i'm looking forward to pretty much everything except the aerial ladder climb, especially not after the pictures that DM posted on her blog. Wow am i afraid of heights, but...balls to the wall gentlemen/ladies....balls to the wall.

SO far we've done, SCBA training, TONS of 2 minute drills. Lots of blackout mask work. I absoltuely despise being compressed into confined spaces but i'm slowly getting over it, slowly realizing what i can make my body do. We did confined space exits yesterday and i can only imagine what it looked like from the outside, probably some sort of alien baby birth, my big blubbery butt squeezing out this tiny little opening in the wall.

This coming week is a little break after the first rush of practicals, then next weekend starts search and rescue techniques, then on to ladders... mmm mmm good!

I'll write more when i get my laptop back up and running at home and i'm not blogging on the company dime.

No comments: