Sunday, June 15, 2008

Out of Sync...

Whew, that was one of those posts you go back and read later and wonder what in the world you were thinking or what altering substance you were on when you wrote it.

I was just purging. I know that things like that happen, but it was just more of an emotional experience than i think i expected. I'd seen plenty of DOA's plenty of MI's that didnt make it things like that. But running up to the front door with the grandson standing in the yard yelling "YOU HAVE TO SAVE MY GRANDMOTHER, SHE WOKE US UP AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE WENT AFTER THAT!" just changed the whole temperment of the situation, then not being able to do anything for her. Just put the cap on a not so great week anyways.

Well, on to more exciting things. This weekend is my EVOC practicals, then i'll have filled out the requirements for becoming an ambulance aide. Officer in charge, kinda has a good ring to it. A small step towards department leadership roles. I never thought when i stopped by the station to apply for an admin position that i would be in the chute for a firefighter slot, and this excited about being released to ride the seat on the BLS unit and drive the ALS unit.

I've also made steps towards getting my EMT-P, I got recommendation letters from the medic officer on our C-Shift unit, Another from the Engine Medic on B-shift. Honestly i don't know what either one said, the requirements of my continuing ed program are that my "recommendation/evaluation" letters be delivered in a sealed envelope so the candidate cannot see what is on the letter. My review came down last week, and all i can say without tooting my own horn is "WOW! I didnt know i had progressed that much, no clue that i had made that type of impression on the career guys/girls at the station". Long story short is my company is going to be paying the majority of the way through my EMT-P program.

Also, i'm on the 24 month plan. 24 months of driving extra extra safe so i can finally get through the career application process. I've passed the physical requirements 10x over, i can do that test with my eyes closed now. I can pass the poly in my sleep, its just my damned right foot thats keeping me out of the department. Too many moving violations on my record. 24 months until i have 0 points left on my license. SO, we'll be on the lookout for that shift from VFF to FF.

Its sunday again, and that must mean a night with the blue hair batallion. ITS BINGO!!!!!!! so, i have to go get ready, write more later.

No comments: